Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP and Lexpert will again be co-hosting two full-day seminar sessions entitled “Corporate Governance 2014: Corporate Governance in Special Situations” on December 4th (Toronto) and December 8th (Calgary). These seminars will include discussions on corporate governance developments in special situations, with specific focus on the trends, tools and defences used during proxy fights, M&A transactions, and situations of financial distress.
The seminars will be co-chaired by our partners, Walied Soliman and Orestes Pasparakis, who will be joined by the following speakers.
Norton Rose Fulbright Speakers:
- Ava Yaskiel, Partner
- Justin Ferrara, Partner
- Cathy Singer, Partner
- Jennifer Kennedy, Partner
- Kirk Litvenenko, Partner
- Stephen Kelly, Partner
External Guest Speakers:
- Wes Hall, President and CEO, Kingsdale Shareholder Services Inc.
- Michael Levin, Managing Director, Head of M&A and Restructuring, National Bank Financial
- Tony D’Onofrio, Director of Board Engagement & Head of Research, Canadian Coalition for Good Governance
- Adam Givertz, Partner, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Bill Aziz, President, Blue Tree Advisors
- David Linder, Executive Director, Alberta Securities Commission
- Bill Rice, Chair & Chief Executive Officer, Alberta Securities Commission
- Michael Pun, Managing Director, M&A, RBC Capital Markets
- Naizam Kanji, Deputy Director, Corporate Finance Branch, Ontario Securities Commission
- Jason Koskela, Legal Counsel, Ontario Securities Commission
- Greg Watson, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- Robert McCormick, Chief Policy Officer, Glass Lewis & Co.
For more information, please click here.